Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Warhammer Townscape

Note: This is a post I did on Arcadia Prime a while back, but since it applies to the fantasy side of things as well, I thought I'd repost it here.

Back in 1988, GW released "Warhammer Townscape", a collection of thirty-nine card buildings. They were pretty simple, but of decent quality, especially for the day. Back then I assembled some of the simpler buildings, as I didn't want to tackle the more complicated ones. Some of my creations did not survive the years, but many of them did.
Rrecently I decided to tackle the rest of the buildings and construct them. They're just card buildings, so I didn't treat them with the utmost loving care, but assembled them using mostly Scotch tape and some white glue for reinforcement.

In the various boxed editions of Warhammer Fantasy Battle, GW also released some more card buildings, some on stronger stock, which I've also assembled.

Now I've amassed quite a little town. But it's not limited to Warhammer Fantasy--these can be used in Lord of the Rings games as well as Warhammer 40k, representing a town on a low-tech Imperial world.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... that really takes me back. I think the only building I never got around to assembling from that set was the windmill. Even though they were rather basic and sort of flimsy, they were still very useful for me, especially considering my lack of decent terrain back then. Thanks for posting this, it makes me wish I had kept up better with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nice, I'm trying to make a village myself but it is such an immense work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely is a lot of work, but it's worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete